dry scalpMarch 12, 2020
Dry scalp is a common problem during weather changing, especially in the winter and summer season. After washing, a feeling of tightness may appear, the scalp begins to peel off. Of course, hair health also suffers from this. The strands become dull, brittle, split ends appear. These signs indicate a malfunction of the sebaceous glands. Let’s look at the main causes of dry scalp.
External causes of dry scalp:
– Regular styling with hot appliances. Exposure of hot air dehydrates the upper layers of the skin, which can lead to exfoliation of dead cells and the appearance of itching and dandruff;
– Using a metal brush or comb additionally causes mechanical damage to the scalp;
– Dry scalp may be the result of an allergic reaction. Incorrectly selected shampoo, styling products, too saturated (greasy) masks for hair growth can cause an unexpected reaction. If symptoms appear after switching to a new product, return to proven remedies;
– Rejection to wear a hat can lead to unpleasant consequences. Aggressive UV rays in summer and low temperatures in winter negatively affect hair follicles.
Internal causes of dry scalp:
– An unbalanced diet can lead to vitamin deficiency. Therefore, you may experience dandruff and hair loss in Midtown Barbershop;
– Violation of the drinking regime can lead to dehydration of the skin. Remember that for normal functioning the body needs 1.5 liters of water per day;
– The scalp reacts to hormonal disruptions. If the problem is combined with the appearance of acne, brittle nails and a sharp change in mood, you should consult an endocrinologist;
– Another cause of dryness may be a fungal infection of the skin. Experts attribute the appearance of dandruff with the presence of the microorganism Malassezia. It lives on the skin of most people, but sometimes it can degenerate into an aggressive form that destroys the protective barrier of the scalp.
Our Address: 1012 2nd Ave New York, NY 10022
Our Website: https://premiumbarbershop.com/